Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thank You, Father

Father,
     When I think of all the things You have brought me through in my life my heart is overwhelmed. Fountains of praise and thanksgiving bubble up in my heart because You have delivered me.
When I am in seasons of adversity I think of the sacrificial life and death of Your Son. My troubles may be cruel and harsh but they cannot be compared to the agony He suffered. I think on Your love and care for me for these thoughts bring comfort to my soul. They help me to endure life on earth until I stand before Your throne.
     Like David I ask, "What can I give to You for all Your goodness to me?" I do not have anything You need for all I have comes from Your hand. I give You my heart; I give it willingly, gladly. My life is of little value to anyone but You. Your Scriptures tell me I am to have the "mind of Christ". He is my strength, my life, my goal. Most joyfully I surrender my life to the Lordship of Christ. In doing this may You Father, be glorified with His Life in me to accomplish Your will for my life.
     Thank You for bringing me through the Red Seas of my life; for revealing Yourself to me in Your Son.
                In Jesus' Name

Author ~ Joyce Andrews Bickel
www.myclvaryslove.com

No comments:

Post a Comment