Monday, May 7, 2012

The Broken Heart

"In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From His temple He heard my voice; my cry came before Him into His ears."  Psalm 18:6

I took my broken heart to the doctor.
He sadly said, "It will never mend."
I brought myself to the edge of the shore,
Hoping my life would quickly end.
As I walked in the water, facing the waves,
I heard a voice cry, "Jesus  saves! Jesus saves!
"Oh God!" I cried, as I fell to my knees.
"I need you so badly, Lord, help me please!"
I gave Him my heart and all my life, too.
He returned them to me, all shiny and new.
Now as I walk along the seashore;
Life has more meaning than ever before.
For on my own merit I no longer depend;
I lean on my Jesus, my Savior, my Friend.

Author ~ Joyce Andrews Bickel

No comments:

Post a Comment